Born in Athens, studied Architecture, in which she holds a degree in Greece, and film direction at the DFFB (German Film and Television Academy in Berlin). She works as a screenwriter, director and producer. She lives between Berlin and Athens.
In 2006 she taught film direction at the Film School of University in Thessaloniki. She is a member of the European Film Academy (EFA) and a member of the Hellenic Film Academy (EAK). She has been a member of the Hamburg Film Center and jury member in international film festivals.
She has directed shorts, feature films and documentaries. Her films have been awarded in international festivals and distributed world-wide. Her acclaimed film EDUART participated in over 50 festivals around the world, was selected by the EFA for the 2007 European Film Awards and it was Greece's submission for Best Foreign Film 2008.
- 1987 PERSEPHONE
- Award in Greek Short Film Festival in Drama, 1987
- 1989 GEFANGENE DES MEERES (PRISONERS OF THE SEA)
documentary, 80' (Germany)
- 1990 DAS GLÜCK SEI UNBEWEGLICHKEIT, screenplay
feature film, 60', directed by Kirsten Johannsen
- 1992 DONUSA
feature film, 84' (Germany-Switzerland-Greece)
- Locarno International Film Festival 1992 (Competition): Youth Jury Award for Best Film (A' Prix de la Jeunesse)
- Thessaloniki International Film Festival 1992 (Competition): Best Supporting Actor
- 1996 TÄNZE DER NACHT (DANCES OF THE NIGHT)
- 1997 VERSPIELTE NÄCHTE (NIGHTS, GAMBLED AWAY)
feature film, 86' (Germany-Greece)
- Rated by the German Movie Association as "especially valuable"
- Hof International Film Festival 1997: Award for Best Set Design
- 38th Thessaloniki International Film Festival 1997, 4 Awards: Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actress Award (for Jasmin Tabatabai)
- 1999 HEIMLICHER TANZ (SECRET DANCE)
TV movie, 88'
- 2000 ALLEIN UNTER MÄNNERN (ALONE AMONG MEN)
TV movie, 85'
- 2001 MESSERSCHARF (SHARP LIKE A KNIFE)
TV movie, 88'
- 2006 EDUART
feature film, 105' (Greece-Germany)
- 29th Montpellier International Mediterranean Film Festival, 2007: Golden Antigone (Antigone d'or de la Ville et de l'Agglomération de Montpellier), Special mention by the Young People's Award (CMCAS)
- 47th Thessaloniki International Film Festival 2006, 9 State Awards: Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Set Design, Best Music, Best Sound, Best Editing, Best Costumes and Best Make-up
- 47th Thessaloniki International Film Festival 2006: FIPRESCI Award for Best Greek Film and ETEKT Award (The Greek Union of Film Television and Audiovisual Technicians)
- Los Angeles Greek Film Festival, 2008 (Competition), 2 Orpheus Awards: Best Feature and Best Direction
- The Method Fest Film Festival, Calabasas, California, 2008 (Competition): Special Recognition by the Prudential California Realty Award for Best Ensemble Cast
- WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival, 2008 (Competition): Silver Remi Award
- London Greek Film Festival, 2008 (Competition): Best Fiction Feature Film
- 2010 TO FIND HER SEA
screenplay for a feature film, free adaptation of the book "GIA NA DEI TI THALASSA" by Evgenia Fakinou
- 2011 in preparation: TILOS - DAS KLEINE WUNDER
documentary, canceled following the death of Tassos Aliferis, mayor of Tilos
- 2013 DIE MAKLERIN UND DAS LINKE VORDERHAUS
screenplay for a feature film
- 2014 -
2015 in preparation: TO FIND HER SEA
- 2015 in production: STRAYING IN ATHENS (working title)